Toyota announced a massive recall today, the largest recall since Ford’s 1986 recall of 7.9 million vehicles. This recall, due to a faulty power window switch posing a fire risk, affects 7.43 million vehicles worldwide.
In North America, Toyota is recalling the Yaris, Corolla, Matrix, Camry, RAV4, Highlander, Tundra, Sequoia and Scion models xB and xD, and involves putting heat-resistant grease o the switches, or exchanging them.
The faulty window switch is just the latest recall for Toyota, in a long line of recalls. The recall comes a day after Toyota reported that its sales fell 48 percent year-on-year in China in September.
My lease on my Sequoia is up in February. Idiot that I am, I’ll probably risk it.
Look at these Toyota recalls below. I’m telling you, my kids are not going to believe me one day when I’m telling them that Toyota was the GOLD STANDARD once for making great cars.
- Toyota Suspension Problem Recall
- Toyota Accelerator Problems: Part 352,456
- Toyota Car Fires: Big Problem
- Recall of 2011 Toyota Rav4
- Toyota Recalls 420,000 Models for Possible Steering Flaw
- Hilander Recall
- Prius Recall
- Toyota Panel Looks at Recalls
- Toyota Tundra Recall
- Highlander/Rav4 Recall
- Toyota Recall: Floor Mats and Pedals
- Toyota Acceleration
- Toyota Sienna Recall