The J.M. Smucker Company has announced a limited recall on 16 oz. Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky, as it has been determined that it may be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
The affected Peanut Butter is packaged in 16oz jars, and is marked as follows:
- UPC: 5150001701 (located on the side of the jar’s label below the bar code)
- Production Codes: 1307004 and 1308004
- Best-If-Used-By dates: August 3, 2012 and August 4, 2012
- Chunky product only (not creamy)
- Impacted product would have been purchased between November 8 – 17, 2011
This product was distributed in: Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.
No other products of The J.M. Smucker Company are affected by this recall.