United Natural Foods (UNFI) is recalling selected types of FoodMatch, Inc. Divina Stuffed Olives, as they have the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium which can cause life-threatening illness or death. These items have been recalled due to a lack of temperature control during the distribution process. UNFI inadvertently subjected the recall items to temperature ranges above those directed by the manufacturer.
The following products have been recalled:
- DIVINA 4 OZ OLIVES,FETA CHEESE STUFFED (blue and yellow label) UPC 63172352780
- DIVINA 4 OZ OLIVES,BLUE CHEESE STUFFED (blue label) UPC 63172352790
Divina Olives Stuffed with Feta Cheese were distributed to the Safeway stores identified below:
- #0583 1606 N Ave, Spearfish, South Dakota
- #1577 6520 S Academy Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- # 1615 3325 28th Street, Boulder, Colorado
- # 1644 7655 Mclaughlin Rd, Falcon, Colorado
- # 2761 1165 Main St, Lander, Wyoming
- # 2792 27152 Main St, Conifer, Colorado
- # 2910 1632 Hover Road, Longmont, Colorado
- # 0853 7625 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, Maryland
- # 0942 12 West Washington St, Middleburg, Virginia
- # 1283 8646 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia
- # 1606 9596 Old Keene Mill Rd, Burke, Virginia
- # 1668 5510 Norbeck Road, Rockville, Maryland
- # 1956 14939 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, Maryland
- # 2650 43150 Broadlands Plaza, Ashburn, Virginia
- # 4002 5727 Burke Center, Burke, Virginia
- # 4205 415 14th Street SE, Washington, D.C.
Date codes Best Used By: 11 JAN 2012 and Best Used By: 1 FEB 2012 sold at other retail outlets have not been affected because the products were not exposed to a lack of refrigeration controls.
Divina Olives Stuffed with Blue Cheese were distributed to the following states: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington DC through the following retail stores:
Best Used By: 11 JAN 2012, Best Used By: 15 DEC 2011, Best Used By: 30 DEC 2011, Best Used By: 1 FEB 2012
These date codes sold at other retail outlets have not been affected because the products were not exposed to a lack of refrigeration controls.
No illnesses have been reported to date.