Johns Hopkins’ seems to be getting its fair share of bad publicity lately.
You’ve had your head stuck in the sand if you are from Maryland and you haven’t heard of Dr. Nikita Levy. Today, Hopkins has shut down its facility on Keswick Road in northwest Baltimore while health officials try to figure out what caused a hazmat situation yesterday.
On Tuesday, fire crews were called to the facility after reports that several people had fallen ill, all with the same symptoms. The mayor’s Office of Emergency Management has said that seventeen people were sent to the hospital for treatment of a variety of illness symptoms.
Officials said the building was checked for high carbon monoxide levels, low oxygen levels, and the presence of hydrogen sulfide, but crews did not find any bad readings.
Crews are continuing their investigation today.
Hopkins is a great hospital that has had a very bad week.