There is a recall of Claire-Sprayway fabric protector spray cans due to risk of potential respiratory injuries, triggering wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath. It sounds like mostly relatively minor reactions but one person was diagnosed with serious respiratory injury following exposure to this fabric spray. So if you have this fabric spray, quit using it.
The recall is for Fabric Protector spray cans were distributed from January 2005 through August 2010 for about $10. This is the list of sprays included in the recall:
- Sprayway® No. 980 Industrial Fabric Protector
- 3D Fabric Protector
- Auto Brite Fabric Protector Guardatela
- Auto Magic® Fabric Protector No. 91-S
- Crystal Aire Products #680 Fabric Protector
- Falcon Labs® Spotless Fabric Protector
- Quiltprotect™ Spray
- Robbie’s™ Fabric Shield
- Showcar Fabric Protector
- Simoniz® System 5 Stain Sentry Fabric Protector
Consumers of this fabric spray are being told by the SPSC to stop using Fabric Protector and contact Claire-Sprayway for a full refund. Consumers can call 877-416-7324 for information.