The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced a recall of Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes as there is concern that the pancakes may contain soy protein. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy protein may run the risk of an allergic reaction.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that there may have been potential cross-contact with a product that contained soy, and applies only to the following Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes:
- UPC Code: 19600-05100 – Aunt Jemima Pancakes Buttermilk Low Fat – 12/14.5oz
- UPC Code: 19600-05490 – Aunt Jemima Oatmeal Pancakes 12/14.8oz
- UPC Code: 19600-05820 – Aunt Jemima Pancakes Buttermilk 12/14.8oz
- UPC Code: 19600-05910 – Aunt Jemima Pancakes Homestyle 12/14.8oz
- UPC Code: 19600-05955 – Aunt Jemima Confetti Pancakes 12/14.8oz
- UPC Code: 19600-06040 – Aunt Jemima Whole Grain Pancakes 12/14.5oz
The affected pancakes are packaged in cardboard cartons with a ‘Recommended Use By Date’ between November 1, 2011 up to and including October 16, 2012, which can be found in the white box on the end of the carton.
There have been no reports of illness as a result of this incident.